Friday 22 November 2013

Walk The Line

Hey girlies!!



This week I have decided to do a post about liquid eyeliners. Its one of the products I don't think I'd survive without, and, well, I'm sure if I can't live without it then it's got to be a staple for lots of other people too, and finding the one you love is a major priority. It's like finding the right bra! I have reviewed 8 liquid eyeliners (in black) and I have rated them out of 5. My top liner is my favourite budget one and the following is my favourite couture one. 

Enjoy ;)

Rimmel - Glam Eyes Professional liquid liner
This liner is my favourite of all time. Not only because of the price. Its so easy to use too. I've been using this since I was around 15 (and that's a long time) if it's been around that long it must be doing something right! And it is! I think with many products that you would use for years, you would get used to it and feel like a change, or want to see what else is out there but always go back to the one you love? That's this product for me. This liner has a brush tip. It glides on effortlessly with no need for corrections. Its long lasting and transfer and smudge resistant. Also easy on the pocket!

(Image: www.rimmellondon.com)

Priced: €7.19
Rate: 5/5


Clarins - Instant liner
This is my favourite couture liner. It's not even the priciest one here but it is from a designer cosmetics brand. I love the spongey tip, it makes application very easy. It drys very quick. It's very black (which I love). Its easy to do both thick and thin lines so its suitable for all looks. It doesn't smudge or transfer onto eyelids which I think is the most important factor and it lasts all day!

(Image: www.nordstrom.com)


Price: €25
Rate: 5/5

Estée Lauder- Zero Smudge Double Wear Liner
This brush tip liner is close favourite to the Clarins one. Its easy to use. Its also transfer and smudge resistant. Its one of my absolute favourite and I have it in my makeup kit for using on clients.
(Image: www.perfumeemporium.com)


Price: €27.50
Rate: 5/5


Dior Style liner- Intense liquid liner
Another of my favourites! Does exactly what you want it to. It's really black aswell. Love it :) Its felt tip and lasts all day!
(Image: www.allure.com)

Price: €33
Rate: 5/5


MAC liquid last liner
This is my least favourite of all the liners. I was so disappointed as I love love love MAC but this product was a complete let down. It was just messy. It irritated my eyes! Maybe the reason it was messy was due to that irritation. I'm not sure, but I couldn't wait to get it off and it ruined all my eye-shadow too.

(Image: www.beautylish.com)

Price: €21
Rate: 0/5

Rimmel Scandleyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner
I wanted to try this product after I saw it on Rosanna Davison's Instagram page. She was raving about it saying how amazing it was. Soooo I went out the next day and bought it. It wasn't at all how I expected it to be. Totally the opposite. It smudged into my upper eyelids and faded away after a couple of hours. I expected it to be amazing considering that she loved it and because it's made by the same people as my already favourite liner. I wouldn't recommend it.

(Image: www.beaut.ie)

Price: €6.99
Rate: 0/5

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
I really wanted to give this product a 5/5. It's really good! I love it! The results are fab it lasts all day it doesn't smudge or transfer...if you have eye-shadow on!? If you're like me and get days when you're fed up off having a full face of makeup and only want to wear some liner and mascara on your eyes then don't use this product on those days as it will smudge but its amazing every other day. It was going to be my favourite couture product until I discovered this flaw. I'm disappointed but it's okay I will still wear it!
(Image: www.feelunique.com)

Price: €17.50
Rate: 4/5

Catrice Waterproof Liquid Liner
This liner was recommended to me from a fellow blogger. She absolutely loves the product! I went and bought it and I have to say I'm not a huge fan. It went on lovely and I did love it for a while but it didn't last all day, took ages to dry and it smudged onto my upper eye lids. I was getting excited about this product as I thought it was going to be my new favourite but it let me down. I know its great value but I think of the saying "you get what you pay for" when I think of this liner.

(Image: www.coolspotters.com)

Price: €4.30
Rate: 3/5

Below I have posted a pick of my eyes before liner and then after and with lashes added for effect. It's amazing the difference eyeliner can make to your whole makeup look! Anyone can do it. It just takes practice, and practice makes perfect!



Tip:
To apply liner to the eye. The trick is to lay the applicator down parallel to the line of your eye. Don't hold it the same as you would a pen straight out from the eye. Small strokes are the best and start from the inner corner or middle of the eye and work your way out wards. If you make a mistake, use a q-tip, it will come in handy to wipe away any smudges.


Happy lining! ;)

Sammy
xx

1 comment:

  1. Great post Sam!! Pity about the catrice it is still my baby though ;) xx

    ReplyDelete