Thursday 30 January 2014

All about Betsey!

Hi Everyone! 

So as you know, we have been talking a lot lately about our new site, new name and new format and the suspense is absolutely killing us! But as promised, while we wait, we will be doing a few posts here and there to give you an idea what you can expect from our whole new look!

On our new site, we will be doing feature pieces on designers, stores, businesses, models and more! 

Today, one of my favourite American designers, Betsey Johnson, followed our little blog account on Twitter and then sent us a Direct Message too! I'm not gonna lie, I had a 'fan girl' moment (and by fan girl moment I mean I literally jumped out of my chair and ran around my boyfriend's sitting room screaming with excitement). Betsey had posted a pic of her working out with the caption:

"As fashion week gets closer I'm getting stronger..Blasting classic Kanye West definitely keeps me in the zone! Xox"

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a huge Kanye fan, and I'm a particularly big fan of his earlier albums like College Dropout and Late Registration. So when I saw Betsey's tweet I immediately asked her what was her favourite song, to my surprise she followed us and sent me a mail! I am still in shock! So I decided to write this wee little post all about Betsey and her work, so you guys might love her too!

(Image: www.pagesix.com)

I came across Betsey Johnson a couple of years back through watching fashion programmes on TV and reading lots of articles online and I immediately loved her! 

At 71 years young, Betsey is one of the most influential fashion designers of her time. She breaks the rules and pushes the boundaries of fashion and is known for her 'out of the box' designs and eccentric style!

Johnson's career started the Summer after she graduated from college when she became an intern for Mademoiselle Magazine. She quickly moved on to designing, and her career went from strength to strength as she designed for Manhattan Boutiques, and was involved in many fashion movements including Andy Worhol's underground scene. Fast forward a couple of years and Betsey had opened her own store and launched her 1st fashion line.

Numerous awards (including the 1972 COTY award and the 2009 Medal of Honour for Lifetime Achievement in Fashion award)  and collections later, in 2012 Johnson celebrated 40 years of her brand.

Betsey is infamous for doing cartwheels at the end of her runway shows too!

Starting to see why  I love her? 

(Image: www.photobucket.com)


At the moment I am lusting over her latest shoe collection Blue by Betsey Johnson!

Check out a few of my favourite pieces from Blue below:





If you're not a glitter or shoe addict like me, she also has jewelry, clothes and accessories, lingerie and swimwear too!




You can see her full range and keep up to date with her blog here:

www.betseyjohnson.com


I'm off to bed now, still smiling that THE BETSEY JOHNSON mailed me today, and we have a love of sparkles, Kanye West and shoes in common!!


Love, Megan

Recessionista HQ

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment