Tuesday 11 February 2014

Feeling 22

Hey Ladies!

So this week I had the pleasure of celebrating my birthday and although it wasn't what you would call a 'big' birthday, to me, it was big and I'll tell you why! As you may already know from my previous post about my 2014 'Bucket List' I was a wee bit nervous about turning the big 22, not because I think 22 is old, but because all my life I had imagined at 21 I would have graduated college and be living an adventurous and exciting life traveling the world! 


(Image: www.favimages.net)


Twenty one was supposed to be my year, a year of fun, adventure, new countries and new experiences. I did manage to graduate with my honours degree before I turned 21 but the traveling the world part didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, 2013 was an amazing year and I had many fantastic opportunities from swimming with Alligators to being on TV and Radio, being a finalist in the RSVP/OASIS blogger competition, doing a Fashion Styling course, starting work with a radio station, meeting NEYO and so much more! I've been blessed, but back in December, a sudden panic came over me, I was about to turn 22 in less than two months, and what had I done? What had I achieved in life? It felt like I'd spent the previous 21 years at home watching TV and not achieving anything (okay so sometimes I'm a drama queen I didn't quite feel that bad but still).

(Image: www.sayingimages.info)

After lots of talks with some of my closest friends and family, I decided to do something about it and by the end of 2014 I will have accomplished some things on my bucket list and I intend to spend the year trying new things and taking every opportunity that comes my way! 

One of the biggest things I hope to achieve is learning how to be happier as I am a natural worrier. I worry and over think about the smallest things and I can be an awful moaner sometimes. Learning not to rely on others to make you happy is probably one of the best life skills you can attain! So far so good as I have started exercising regularly and have already begun trying new things in every aspect of my life, from my wardrobe to my career and everything in between, but I can't fill you in on that stuff just yet!

 
(Image: www.vuible.com)

As someone who has avoided the colour pink as much as humanly possible for at least 6 years now, I decided to take the risk, bite the bullet and buy a pink dress for my birthday celebrations (start as you mean to go on and all that jazz). I'm not going to lie, wearing pink was totally out of my comfort zone, but I got such positive feedback on the night that I decided to share it with you!



This was my first time ever to wear a bandage dress and all I can say is WOW! I will definitely be investing in more! These dresses are amazing, they pull you in exactly where you need it and give your figure a nice smooth outline, it was so comfortable to wear and the strong material meant that when you sit down and stand up and dance throughout the night it doesn't budge! I loved the mesh detail too, it really adds to the look of this dress!

I ordered this beauty of a dress from Gorgeous VIP last Wednesday and it was delivered to my door first thing Friday morning, which makes it perfect for your last minute shopping needs! The dress fit perfectly, as if it were made for me and the best part; it was in the sale!! I couldn't believe my luck, this dress is reduced from €129 to just €52!!

Gorgeous VIP have loads more bandage dresses as well as accessories and tonnes of different style dresses, the service is impeccable and I couldn't recommend them more highly! We are huge fans of their on site blog too so be sure to check it out for fashion, beauty, celeb and lifestyle posts!

Being the Recessionista that I am, I teamed this dress with some brand new heels from Penneys!







These heels were an absolute steal at just €15 and are in most Penney's stores now!

I kept my accessories simple with my Michael Kors watch and brand new Kardashian Kollection bracelet!



I had a fabulous birthday and I hope it is a sign of things to come, in the words of Taylor Swift..



(Image: www.toutlemon.de)



I have got lots of plans for the rest of being twenty two and I can't wait to share them with you all, but for now, I need to catch up on some sleep!

Megan

Recessionista HQ

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment