Tuesday 22 October 2013

Halloween!!

Halloween is one of my favourite times of the whole year (aside from Christmas that is) and there is nothing I love more than choosing/creating/buying my costume!!

There is a huge campaign this year to encourage women to go scary not sexy with our costume choices, but to be honest I think as long as you're comfortable in your costume choice and it leaves enough to the imagination, Halloween is the perfect time to steer clear of your norm, take a risk, dare to bare or go as ugly as you want (and I mean that in a good way!) 

Us girls spend practically spend the entire year trying to look our best and Halloween is the one night of the year that we can embrace our inner ugly! We can be witches, zombies, vampires, animals, movie characters, or even food, you name it and there is a costume to match. The joys of not worrying about your tan or make up or hair is quite liberating! Unless you're my mam that is, we call her the Queen of Halloween as her costume planning and prepping usually begins in June!!!

Here are some of my costumes from the past couple of years!

Myself (on the left) and my best friend playing Cops and Robbers!

Home made Zombie School Girl Costumes
(Very cheap and easy to do!)

This year I am once again making my costume and I have ordered some supplies from Partyworld.ie (Tramore Co.Waterford), Missguided.eu and PrettyLittleThing.com but I won't be revealing my costume until I'm wearing it on Sunday night! Don't worry, I'll do a full post what I wore and how to make it on Monday!

For now, here are my top ten favourite costumes available online this year!

www.littlestarparties.ie

Zombie Prom Queen
Zombie Prom Queen €39.99


Batgirl
Batgirl €45

Zombie Scrub Nurse
Zombie Scrub Nurse €28.99


Sexy Cop
Sexy Cop Costume €36.99


www.costumecorner.ie

Make A Wish

Make A Wish €39.50

Miss ScissorHands
Miss Scissor Hands €43.50
Till Death Do Us Part Bride
Till Death Do Us Part Bride
€49.50


www.partyworld.ie

Dark Knight Catwoman Costume
Dark Knight Cat Woman €48
Deluxe Cleopatra Costume
Cleopatra €39


Katy Perry Costume
Katy Perry €41

So sorry for not having the direct links to the costumes tonight, for some reason it just won't work! :(

I cannot wait to share my 2013 costume with you all on Sunday!

I'll leave you tonight with a couple of pix to explain why my mam is the 'Queen of Halloween' in our house!

Enjoy!
Megan
Recessionista HQ
xx
My mam and step dad as a knight and Princess Fiona from Shrek!

Mam as Mrs.Doyle from Fr.Ted...Ah go on ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment