Thursday 31 October 2013

What I wore..Halloween Edition!!

Hi dolls, 

I hope you're all enjoying the midterm (if you're lucky enough to be on midterm) or that you are now fully recovered from the Bank Holiday Weekend!

This is Recessionista Styling's first ever 'What I Wore' post and I'm not too sure if it will become a regular feature on the blog or not but please be nice to me as I'm not used to writing this kind of post 
(I feel a bit awkward writing about myself as I still feel a bit like 'sure who'd be interested in what I'm wearing) but here it goes.....

Halloween (aside from Christmas) is one of my favourite times of the year, making costumes is so much fun and if you don't have time to make it, you can always find time for a bit of online shopping for one! I love heading out in fancy dress and I am always so excited to see what everyone else is dressed up as too!

This year, I made the last minute decision to dress as Posion Ivy, from my childhood favourite Batman & Robin movie. Uma Therman wowed audiences as the flame haired villain way back in 1997 and was one of my all time favorite movie villains!

Image: www.batmanwikia.com

This costume has been re-created for Halloween for many years now and I couldn't wait to have my turn! Even celebs such as Queen of Reality TV: Kim Kardashian and US Dancing With the Stars favourite Julianne Hough (pictured below with brother Derek) have turned from tv stars to villainess in two very different style Poison Ivy costumes!

Image: www.daily.mail.co.uk (Copyright: Kim Kardashian /Twitter)


Popular choice: Kim Kardashian (left) and Julianne Hough (pictured right with brother Derek) both dressed as Poison Ivy from the Batman comics
Image: www.dailymail.co.uk (Copright: Derek Hough/Twitter)

I wanted to keep my costume simple and cost effective (they don't call us Recessionistas for nothing!)
I chose three key pieces for my look, a bodysuit, disco leggings and a wig!

Long Sleeved, Deep Green BodySuit
 €8.83

Chloe Green High Waisted Disco Pants
Green High Waisted Disco Pants
€15

Long Curly Wig Red
Long Curly Red Wig
€14

I got my hands on some fake ivy and stitched it onto my fab new purchases too!
The mask I originally wanted (see pic below) was sold out but I luckily found one in a local newsagents for just €1 and all I had to do with it was spray paint the feathers green!

Green Feather Eyemask
€3
www.partyworld.ie



So here's the result....


I has such a fun night and everyone loved the costume, I'm already thinking about next year!

I hope you enjoyed my first 'what I wore' post.
In case any of you read my last Halloween post last week (read it here) and are wondering what my mother (aka the Queen of Halloween) wore this year, here is a lovely little picture of herself and my step dad before they headed out....enjoy!

Happy Halloween!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment